Can you help donate vegan friendly food / products to people who are disadvantaged or vulnerable?
Much of the food given out at DRERS is non-vegan. It would be great to be able to provide vegan food and/or vegan products. As DRERS also provides toiletries, donations of vegan products would be very welcome.
Donated food will need to be sealed and unopened, and we cannot accept items that are past best before dates. Unfortunately, homemade foods cannot be accepted. For storage we have 2 fridges, a large freezer, and ample cupboard space.
Suggested ways of making donations include:
- On this website http://www.drers.org.au/fundraising/
- A direct donation of food or funds (please specify that this is designated for the Vegan Hills Project) to DRERS either at the office 1632 Burwood Highway Belgrave Mon-Fri 9:00am-12:30pm near the Cameo Theatre. Or to the DRERS op shop 1708 Burwood Highway Belgrave (next to the Post Office) Mon-Fri 10:00am-4:00pm and Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.
- Make an online/or phone order to a business of your choice to be delivered to DRERS or to be collected by our volunteers.
- All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- A further option you may like to consider is the donation of money designated for the vegan project; DRERS will then purchase suitable vegan products for clients.
An email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org would notify us if a donation of food or products is to be collected.
DRERS also has a drop in centre for those wishing to have a place for socialisation and support. The centre has a lounge area, kitchen and shower facilities for homeless people. Food is prepared and served. Having vegan options would be appreciated by those who desire it.
Thank you very much for considering this project.